Monday, January 19, 2004

Close To You

On Friday, while I was in the office doing a little overtime putting up a blog (ahem) my wife, Mae was at home nursing a bleeding heart puking stomach. While she was sleeping, a silly bird flew into our window and didn't know how to get back outside.


Naturally, Mae is freaked out cos she thinks the bird might just attack her. Instead, she scares the shit out of the bird, literally. So the critter poops one on our bed. Having unloaded its burden upon us, the bird suddenly gets an inspiration (I can relate to this since I get most of my inspiration in the toilet too!) and manages to find its way out.


By the time I get home, Mae is about to let me have it for not being with her in her time of danger. She starts going on about the bird and how it was gonna peck her eyes out, and suddenly a flash of brilliance comes to me and I break into song:


Why do birds suddenly appear,

Everytime you are near,

Just like me, they long to be,

Close to you....



And just like that, the hero gets the girl. Thanks to the Carpenters and my quick thinking.


I am both clever and poetic in times of calamity. :)

3 comments:

  1. i bumped into your blog via ted's. first time here, so am trying to read all your entries. very witty indeed with the carpenter song =D you must be one of those who knows just what to say to get your ass out of trouble ..heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for dropping by, gambit. Sorry I didn't notice your comment earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no problem james. this post is technically in the archive nway so i wasn't expecting you to notice my comment. glad you did tho'.

    ReplyDelete