Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Missing In Action

On Saturday, I was whisked off to Seremban on a pow wow session. While spouses were invited, Mae decided to give this one a pass on account of her perpetual morning sickness. So, early Saturday I dropped her off at her mom's and I took off to Allson Klana in the company of 2 ladies (ahem). Okay, okay, so it's not nearly as dubious as I make it sound since another guy was in the car as well and it was a church thing! :)


Anyway, I felt quite miserable that I had to be away from Mae since she was quite pregnant! And I realised that this was the first time I had left her side since discovering Baby's existence. It was only a one-nighter but I couldn't help feeling that I'm somehow running away from my responsibilities. Like one of those "Wham-Bam thank you Maam!" cases. By the time I got back on Sunday just before noon, I had begun missing her quite a bit. And so, for the rest of that Sunday, I tell her over and over how much I missed her.


Today as we were lying in bed talking she attempts to trap me, in typical-Mae fashion, with a trick question, "How come you don't miss me anymore?" Never to back away from a trap, I answer in the only way I know how:


"Honey, how can I miss you if you won't go away?"

6 comments:

  1. awwww hahah! i wonder if you guys are the typical malaysian couple or not.
    if you guys are.. man..malaysian couples rock! :D lol
    very very sweet. hehehehehehhehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you didn't get a bonk on the head as an answer to that question. ;) But yep, imagine if you are posted for work overseas for a few days.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh James, you are so sweet!
    And you "won't go away" or let us forget that, right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical, natasha? Hmm... we're Malaysian for sure but I can never be sure if we fit into the category of typical or even normal. For that matter, I'm not even sure we're sane! ;)
    Hey Strizzt, I like to live dangerously!
    Admit it Shine, you like that I never go away... :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  5. If all your ex girl friends see this, they will be buying paraquat in rage of jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Err... what ex-girlfriends, Gina? Hehheheh!!! ... Don't you dare! I know what you're thinking!

    ReplyDelete