Sunday, February 15, 2004

Second Trimester Begins!

Today marks Mae's 2nd Trimester. Yup, we've been pregnant for 3 months now! According to everyone, the 2nd Trimester is the best. No more pukings, no more nausea, no terrible mood swings. Well, Mae did have a small episode of nausea this morning but I remain enthusiastic!


Yesterday was a weird Valentine's day. This time around, Valentine was a little watered-down. There are just so many things happening in our live right now that we decided to perhaps tone it down a couple of notches - just to ease the pressure off the two of us. Still, strangely enough, I thought we had a fabulous V-day this year. First of all, it was refreshing for us to get up early (11am on Saturday is early, no matter which planet you come from) and dress up to go out. We have been staying home so much these days!


Anyway, we had a Valentine lunch instead of dinner cos Mae might not be up to it by night with her morning (more like all-day) sickness and all. After that we were out pretty much the entire day. We ended up buying one gift for the both of us (it's a cop-out, I know). So, lo and behold, a spanking new 29-inch TV sits in our living room even as I write this blog. Fantastic! Next up we watched a DVD on our new TV. Finally we decided to just goof-off in the comfort of our bed eating chocolate cake and drinking (gasp!) sparkling juice!!! Hahahah! She still very pregnant and besides, I didn't wanna get my kid started off on alcohol too early.


I thought it was a nice Valentine - but that's probably because there was no pressure and I got me a big screen TV. Deep down inside, I think Mae's probably just letting me off easy this time.


I sense trouble looming on the horizon. The voice in my head says, "Buck up, boy!" I need to obey.

2 comments: