Thursday, February 19, 2004

Kiddy De-programming!



do you feel lucky, punk?



I hate Barney!!! Just the mere look of him is enough to drive me into a murderous frenzy. What an insufferable wuss!


Whatever happened to Sesame Street? Whatever happened to Big Bird and gang? Whatever became of Fat Albert? And the Muppets. Are they suddenly passe now, after years of shaping and molding the youths of yesteryear? These were the epitome of children programmes. They were wholesome and entertaining. And educational to boot. Instead, today kids want Barney. Barney is such a pedophile. I would never my kid anywhere near Barney. He's such an annoying puke! Everytime I hear Barney break into into song, "I love you... you love me... we are happy family..." I just wanna scream!!


But all is not lost. There are still some good kiddy TV around. Like Nickelodian! Good stuff. And then there's my favourite, Bob The Builder! Now that's a good role model for kid all around the world. "Bob the Builder... can we fix it... Bob the Builder... yes, we can...". See? Bob's can-do attitude is what we need for our kids! And since Bob's a construction professional, you can bet he's a tough guy. Not like that Barney. In fact, I bet Bob the Builder can cream Barney's ass any day!


When Baby grows up, he'll be watching Bob the Builder and loving it too! There will be no Barney in our household. And no Tellytubbies either. If I had a sniper rifle, I'd be up on the roof pickin' off Teletubbies one at a time! "Tinky Wink, tough guy eh? Blamm!! Dipsy You're time's up, sonny. Ker-pow! Po, you think you're soooo cute, duncha? Bang!!! Laa-laa, go ahead. Make my day!Ker-boooom!!!!"


I should be in programming.

11 comments:

  1. Role Model?
    "My Dad's a giant, he lives in a Castle and he flies a helicopter!" - Joshua said, when his kindergarten teacher asked him about his father. This was related to us by Tony, a proud father of 6 years old Joshua.
    And bringing up children in this society is a tough thing to do. And James, it feels good to know of your concern for your Baby about this matter. We all need someone to look up to, not someone excellent but someone outstanding, which has that 2 degree more to achive that "pow".
    We will all be outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love Bob the builder!!! and whachamacallit..that british cartoon..made out of plasticine like characters.. the guy and the dog..oh ..darn it..can't remember..
    teletubbies is frightening...for me anyway. worse than a horror show anytime.. *eep*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll bet that your baby will be glued to the tv watching the muslim prayers.
    wait and see if i'm wrong. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's word of the day is S.
    Ssssssssss.......
    Sniper
    Shoot
    Silent

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched Teletubbies but I still hate it. It's pretty amazing how it manages to do that. Just that crazed demonic look on the dolls - exactly like those in movies where they come to life at night and start slashing up people. You're right James - shoot 'em all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog & commenting... I love your blog, it's so funny!! Coolness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh...Barney!! Ahhh...Teletubbies!!
    They are the two most scariest things I have ever seen on TV. You know what's another scary two characters? Pokemon and Mashimaro. There is nothing more scary than your seeing hoards of Pokemons all echoing "Pi-ka-chu...pi-ka-chu".
    Well...maybe not. Teletubbies still gives me nightmares. But lets not talk about such things...evil has a way of finding power through words...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading all these comments, I realise I don't watch a lot of TV do I?
    Got me thinking... there is a reason why it's called the "idiot box", right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its wallaca and gromit!@!!!!! i finally got the name :P heh...
    pfft

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shine, Shine! TV is fun. :lol:
    Yeah natasha. Wallace and Gromit is nice!! But I think they're all produced by the same people - even Teletubbies *ulk*
    Wena, if that's the case, then he'll be exactly like daddy!! ;)
    I can think of some great words starting with M as well, noor hidayat! Like Murder, Maime... :lol:
    Fly. you oughtta just watch it for the complete, unadulterated experience. Hehhheheh!
    Glad, you like it, irene. Come back anytime. :)
    Hehheh Edrei, my wife will probably not agree with you about Pikachu since she's a big fan! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y'all know Barney's gay right? I swear. Look it up. Ok ok ....allegedly gay. Still pretty fruity to me.

    ReplyDelete