Thursday, February 12, 2004

Yikes! It's Valentine's Again

I'm not a romantic person. It's not in my genetic make-up. Which is strange, since I do consider some of my siblings romantic. Heck, even my dad's a romantic! But tragically, I never inherited his smoothness. Instead, I got his high blood pressure. HAhahhah!! That's another story altogether!


I have this thing about Valentine's, birthdays and anniversary. I can hardly remember them. Or remember to do anything about them. We're two days away from V-day and the urgency of that does not seem to have set in just yet. Besides, Mae's not up to any dinner this year what with the puking and nausea and all!


But unlike other guys, I don't suffer too much for not making a fuss about V-day. Two years ago, just a couple of hours before picking her up for dinner, I called her up to say I'll be a little late. I thought it would buy me some time to pop into 1 Utama to get her a quick gift. And so I did. And there in the middle of my frantic search for a V-day present, I bumped right into her in the midst of her frantic search for my present.


It was at that precise moment that I knew this was the girl for me.

4 comments:

  1. Now, that is just the sweetest thing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gone lah you...
    Mae is gonna sniff out about the chocolates or daisies you gonna get her before you can even say 'bob's your uncle'
    i love the story tho :)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That we're a couple of loafers, meesh? :)
    Yup, she's gonna sniff me out, unless my neighbour provides a smokescreen of the garlicky variety!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tears in my eyes when i read the last bit.

    ReplyDelete