Sunday, March 14, 2004

Shoot!


somebody shoot me!



I finally did it. Today I got me a spanking new digital camera, the Canon PowerShot A80. It was a decent deal since it got it at Fotokem's Photo Fest at PWTC today. At RM 1,799, I get the camera, a couple of pouches, a mini tripod, an additional 128MB memory card, a travelling bag, and a Canon charger kit. All that and a 3-year warranty!


I look forward to plastering this blog with more pictures soon. That is, as soon as I figure out how to use the darn thing. The problem right now is that I know next to nothing about digital cameras. When once I was concerned with f-stops, aperatures and shutter speeds, now I'll need to worry about megapixels, white balance and digital zoom! But I suppose, the A80 will offer me far more convenience compared to my Lomo LC-A. I won't need to develop films to look at my shots. There'll be no surprises. And I won't have to do any scanning should I decide to post anything up here. Perfect.


Watch this space. :)

9 comments:

  1. ooooooooh am jeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read 'em and weep, headache. Hehheh! :) Too bad I really suck at using it.
    Hey petertan, I'm shooting at random just to get the hang of thing. So far so fun! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a digital camera sometime last year, and have been using it regularly for my assignments (and ooh, sky photos)!
    You know what they say: practice makes perfect. So put up some of your 'experiments' for us to see. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh..make sure you don't go shoot where you're not supposed to shoot. lol..i did that and kinda got stared at alotta times.
    and yeah after so long, i still suck..then again it must be the cheap digicam i got.. :D
    haven fuunnn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sky photos, Strizzt? I still haven't figured out how do shoot nice skies on my camera! :)
    It's the "not supposed" to shoot stuff that makes photography fun, natasha! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got a new camera. powershot g5.
    DO NOT POST A COMMENT ABOUT IT ON MY SITE!
    my mum in the US will kill me if she knew i got another camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, Wena!!! That must have set you back a few Gs. People will start biting their PC monitors just to taste your food pix now!!! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  8. wei wena.
    =P
    tee hee heeeeeee
    hehehehehehehehhe

    ReplyDelete