Thursday, July 1, 2004

Dismal Daddy

I realised today how ill-prepared I am for fatherhood.

I'm not a big fan of sports. I think F1 is boring, unless someone crashes. I never watch WWF. And I don't like football. Heh! I don't even like virtual games. I never got into the Playstation thing. I also don't have too much of a thing for cars either. So, no, I am not determined to own a Beemer someday! I'm just not your typical male, fatherhood-type guy.

And oh, did I mention I also don't like football?

I know this is sacrilegeous to many of you out there, but I just never got into the game. I might watch a little when the World Cup comes around, but generally, I'm not a fan. I don't know the rules too well and I don't know the players. Back when I used to watch football, Pele was the guy to watch. And Platini. Socrates. Lineker. Grobbelar (I not even sure if I spelt it right). Back when I watched football, the guys wore tight jerseys and short shorts. Hehhehh!!! These day, I'm clueless. Heck, Mae knows more football that I do.

"Daddy, daddy, what's an offside trap?"

"Erm... ask your mother, son."

14 comments:

  1. hehe. not so much into sports eh, james? i'm sure U & baby wl eventually find something both father & son to do ;) who know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe kick-boxing? tomoi?
    I think sports nowadays are waaay too hazardous for little tykes...playstation is safer..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Badminton James? Heehee.
    You can always have char kuey teow treasure hunts or something with Baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u dont need football facts to be a good father. it's in you. tip, teach him the wonders of christina aguilera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like doing laundry, Olivia. Hehhehh!!
    Hmm, some self-defense will toughen him up plenty. My mom shoulda sent me for self-defense. Maybe I might have learnt to like football. Hehh! :)
    Badminton!??!?! :lol: That's just creepy, Norzu. :lol:
    Yeah, Kev. Christina does have many wonders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. u like food right? let James junior go on food hunting trips with you and Mae!
    OR the best thing a father can do is take you around the world to visit all the carnivals.. and disneylands...that kinda thing. oh that be soo great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many more things besides sports that you and baby will be able to connect with in the future....
    But wait, did you say you weren't into playstation or soccer???!!!!
    Hehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, he may turn up to be a non-sports fan like you, so that will be fine and dandy. But if he turns out to be a sports freak, knowing what I know of you, I'm sure you'll be a supportive dad and try your best to learn a thing or two about the sports that he likes to watch. Either way, you'll make a great dad. It's a given ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. U and baby can sit and watch DVD after DVD together gether =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No Natasha, I won't be taking him for rides on any theme park cos Daddy's afraid of heights. :lol:
    I'm a lost cause, Sara. I need to get me a Playstation.
    Thanks for that, Ariel. :) Now I'll have to.
    Yes, annu. THAT I know how to do. Hehheh!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can teach your kid to be as suave as daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Else how do you end up with so many gorgeous women in your arms? Ahaks... Mae is the most gorgeous among all. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete