Thursday, June 24, 2004

Divine Interjections: 11


the name of an angel


Today, I took a little recce trip at the House of Joy children's home to make sure the place was suitable for our little home movie thingy. There I met the admin and PR lady of the House of Joy.

We chatted a little while she showed me the premises in which we would have our movie. I asked her if any cinema or corporate sponsor had ever brought the kids out to the movies.

"We saw Nemo," she said, which was quite a while back, I thought. Then she added, "But I think the kids will really enjoy Spiderman!"

As she said that, her eyes lit up with excitement. She was happy for the kids. I felt her joy. The kind of joy you would find in mothers, over their children. It overwhelmed me, her selflessness.

At that moment, I knew I had just seen God. He was right there in her eyes.

8 comments:

  1. Uhm.. sorry. The first thing that came to my mind when I see "House of Joy" - sex toys. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo dude, though I do not know you, but GREAT writing!! Stumbled upon your blog from Irene's site :) Btw, which part of Taiping were you from? and did u stay in Taiping for a huge portion of your life? Hope to hear from you~! God Bless~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You betcha kev. Wonderful woman. :)
    Gina you perv!!! :lol:
    Ah, another Leo! Thanks for the compliments. I was in Taiping almost all my life. Lived in town near the old Cathay Cinema. Went to SGI. You from Taiping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^_^ well this here is a Goh ...and that's a Koo..
    oo :)
    and yes bless her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, nah~ I'm not from Taiping. But I've frens who are. We were happily entertaining ourselves reading your blog when we found that you're from Taiping! Hmm..now, do all good things come from Taiping? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have no idea why but this post made me cry. love, light and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah comel, perhaps you have a heart for these kids as well. You should consider doing something for them - it could be very rewarding for you. :)

    ReplyDelete