Monday, April 19, 2004

Eaten Alive

The human body is a pretty amazing machinery. Everything inside a woman is perfectly tweaked to sustain life. All the pregnancy books that Mae and I have read confirms that even if an expectant mother doesn't eat for a couple of days, the baby will still get enough nutrition - directly from mommy, of course. But having said that, it is important that a mother-to-be gets her daily doses of iron, folate and calcium, if not for baby, then to replenish what baby has used up.

Occasionally Mae forgets (another side-effect of pregnancy) to take her milk, or her pills. Yesterday, Mae was telling me her adventures at work. She had taken to train to downtown KL when she felt a numbing ache in her spine. It was then that she realised she had forgotten to drink milk for the last 2 days.

"Then what happened?" I asked.

"I thought to myself 'Oh shit, Baby's eating my bones!'" she answered. Hahahhahaha!!! I laughed so hard I nearly spilled my guts. Immediately, images of a ravenous little baby eating my wife from inside out came to mind.

Did I mention Mae has a flair for the melodramatic?

9 comments:

  1. I bet someday Baby will inherit his/her mummy's melodramatic skills. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Mae gets leg cramps. I used to cry out in the middle of the nights because of leg cramps. The moment the baby was out, the leg cramps were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. You haven't seen the new remake of Dawn of the Dead have you? There's a scene in the movie of this pregnant mother who becomes a zombie and gives birth to a zombie baby. I do NOT recommend your wife seeing it, but reading your comment on what she said, kinda brought that image to mind. I apologize if it seems offensive... just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelakarlah....and Jas: I feel like watching Dawn of the Dead now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a decent movie. But that one scene lah, very disturbing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope so, raZZbeRRy! Melodramatic people are a lot of fun! :lol:
    None so far, seri. But we're expecting it to happen soon.
    No Jas, can't watch it unless I sneak out behind Mae's back and go watch it alone... hehhheh!! As for that image you had... mine's pretty close. :lol:
    Yeah Zsarina, me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey its true u know, the baby does like take up all the mommy's calsium and what not. Years ago, ( and i mean like zaman dulu dulu la before there was research and all) it was a norm for the mother to loose at least a tooth every time she gave birth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! A tooth?! If that still happens annu, I'm sure Mae would have done everything to avoid getting knocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That explains the braces on her teeth. She would probably think it might help her save her teeth. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete