Sunday, April 11, 2004

All Things Bright and Beautiful


new threads for a sharp-dressed little man


Sue, my sis called me a couple of months back, "So, is it gonna be a boy or girl?" "Doc thinks it's probably a boy. Why?" Turns out, Baby's auntie is just as excited as we are and just like that Baby's got a nice, new wardrobe of clothes for baby boys. And Sue's one-year-old, Joshua-boy is gonna have a little cousin to grow up with.

Yesterday, Mae and I decided that we probably ought to wash some of these stuff in anticipation of Baby's arrival. As I looked at all these little babysuits hanging on the clothesline, I'm completely amazed that in just a few month, a tiny little version of Mae and me will be joining our family. Wow!

I'll be teaching him stuff. How to give high-fives. How to do a little victory jig everytime we pull a fast one on mommy. How to laugh like a hyena with all the appropriate facial expression. He's gonna be a Mini-Me!

It's gonna be cool.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. :) The joys of a father-to-be. I'm sure you'll be a great father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gonna be cool.
    More like, it's gonna be scary!!! A mini-James?? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pressure is mounting, raZZbeRRy! I better not fail Baby. :)
    Yes irene, we're gonna manufacture a whole legion of mini-Jameses and together, father and sons, we shall rule the world!!! [insert megalomaniacal laughter here] :lol:

    ReplyDelete