Thursday, April 22, 2004

Locked In

It's 9:42am and Mae is at work while I sit at home typing this. Here's a puzzle for you:

My house keys are in the car.

I'm in the house.

Mae is in her office. And her house keys are in her office with her.

How do I get to work?

One of my biggest fears has come to life - getting locked in. Somehow, I've always had this coming. I've always known this would happen to either one of us. I am absent-minded. Mae is even worse. Our home is the absent-mind capital of the world. One day we're gonna leave Baby somewhere and forget to bring him home. Hahahh.

Luckily, I live 5 minutes away from my office. Right now, the calvary is on its way. My wonderful colleague is on his way to save the day.

13 comments:

  1. a reader of your blogApril 22, 2004 at 12:16 PM

    :)
    that helpless feeling .... luckily your office is near ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear lol. I'm sure that's happened to 99% of us in some form or other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what Mae did when I called her today, oliviasy! I think she probably laughed her head off. :lol:
    You bet, reader. There's always some benefit to working near home! :)
    Thanks for those words of comfort, Rachel. :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this a trick Q? You got your car keys right when you are in the house? :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack. I guess you'll just need to get two extra sets of keys to be kept in the house, just to be safe. ;) And then, don't forget where you keep them! Under the fifth step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All kinds of weird things happen in our house, Kurang Asam! :)
    That, Strizzt, or I'll need to save up to install a retinal-scan door locking system! :) If my head weren't attached. I swear I'd forget that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when keys are stuck in the car and cannot open the door. stick a long ruler down the side of the window, through the rubber seal that acts as a rubber seal, on the same side as where the lock is. Push it all the way down until the lock pops open.
    bear in mind that i dunno whether this still works with the mordern cars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. weird things happenin'.....must be the bundle of joy. Don't let the UFO kidnap her/him. :)
    KA for short, don't need to trouble yourself j

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wena, what else do you do for fun! :)
    No prob, KA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah. You deserved it for teasing Mae to be the one who will get locked in first. Mana tau it's your first. Kakakaka!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gee...guess what your title goes well for the baby too.....he/she is locked in :lol:, and you lost the keys......no worries we use time lock here...just like a time capsule...of both your genes :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahah! Dammit Gina, you're right lah. I had this coming!
    Hey KA, I'm hoping Baby never inherits this absent-mindedness gene! :lol:

    ReplyDelete